Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Eating, sleeping, changing diapers, and doing it all over again

Today has been a great day. Lorrie actually got about 6 hours of sleep last night, but the "daddy chair" I had was pretty miserable. It was a recliner, but it didn't actually get horizontal, and I literally almost slid off onto the floor a couple of times. Andrew spent a few hours in the nursery so we could get some sleep, but he ate well when the nurse brought him in. He lost 4 oz, down to 7 lbs 3 oz, but that's definitely to be expected. He'll probably lose a little more this week, but with the way he is nursing, I expect him to bounce back pretty quickly.

About 8:00 this morning, the nurse came in to take Andrew to see his doctor. It was a fairly traumatic morning for him, and he slept most of the morning away. After lunch, I went home for a few hours to try to get some sleep while Ryan took his nap and James played at a friend's house. About 5pm, James, Ryan, and I came back to the hospital so that the boys could spend some time with their little brother.

Gia, James, Ryan, and I had some Mama Fu's for dinner, and then Gia took the boys back to the house while I came back to the hospital to wait for Nana and Pop. They arrived about 8:30 and got to spend a little over an hour with their new grandson. They both got to hold him for a while and then left for their hotel about 10pm. Lorrie's feeding Andrew now, and then we're all going to try to get some sleep.

2 comments:

The Ellis Family said...

You guys look like you are settling in!! Congratulations on your new alarm clock!!

Kelly, Greg, and the girls

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I love seeing that sweet new baby. Also, I've reread the T-ball stuff about 10 times. What fun.
I love yall and I'm praying for you.
The "grand" aunt Leslie